Laaaaaadies and Gen-tle-men! Children of allllllllllllll ages!
The 43rd annual Governor’s Cup Regatta, the largest sailboat race in Missouri, and proudly sponsored by Lake Stockton Boat Works and the Lake Stockton Yacht Club, is coming your way September 15-17!
Here is what you need to know:
- Friday we will have a registration desk set up between 3-7pm at Orleans Trail Marina and Resort on beautiful Stockton Lake, MO. Watch for the signs. At this desk you will pick up your dinner tickets, t- shirt orders and we will accept late registrations. You will also receive a smile and a beverage.
- Saturday– Skipper’s meeting will be at the registration desk at Orleans Trail at 8:30am and racing will start around 11am.
- Saturday– Dinner and dance at the brand- spanking new Venue at Stockton Lake (location info below). We will sell some tickets at the door, $25/ adults, kids cheaper. Food will be catered by Orleans Trail and adult beverages provided by the LSYC. Live band is Shannon and the Rhythm King from Kansas City. There will be a raffle and Boy Scouts clearing tables, so please bring some cash.
- Sunday– racing action again, with an awards ceremony around 3pm back at the Venue.
Not racing but want to spectate? Please check in with the race committee in person or on VHF ch 72 and we will direct you to a good place to drop an anchor and watch the race.
Just want to come to the party? Buy tickets online or at the door until they are gone.
It is very important that you pre- register! Why?
- We can offer you a well run event when we have our ducks in a row beforehand, not scrambling last minute.
- It saves the club a fortune. We know how many shirts to order, dinners to cater, beers to buy, etc.
Will we accept your registration on that Friday? Yes. But PLEASE make every effort to register on the website EARLY.
This is going to be a lot of fun! Bring your friends and family.
The Venue’s Facebook page with photos, a map to get there and such.